Bryn Mawr was established in 1896. Its building committee, formed in March 1896, included former Wisconsin Governor W.R. Taylor. The church’s building fund had more than ninety contributors, but the largest contributor was The Bryn Mawr Presbyterian Church of Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, which donated $106. In gratitude, the congregation of the new church named itself after its primary benefactor. Construction on the church was completed by the Fall for a total cost of $865.
The congregation was formally established as a member of the Presbyterian Church in the United States of America on September 22, 1896. It had ten charter members.
Bryn Mawr’s original church structure was moved across the street from its current location in 1945 to make way for a newer structure. Services continued to be held in the old church until it was destroyed by fire in February 1948. The congregation met in the Cottage Grove town Hall until the new church was completed.
The cornerstone of the current church was laid in May 1948. The first worship service was held in the new but unfinished building in March 1949. The dedication for the new church took place on June 15, 1949.
“Bryn Mawr” means “big hill” in Welsh.